Purposes of Sandringham & District Historical Society Inc.
The Acquisition and De-accession Procedures will be consistent with the purposes of the SDHS which were adopted on 6th February 1986 Inaugural Meeting.
- To encourage the study of Australian history and to foster historical interest in, and knowledge of, that part of the City of Bayside south of South Road particularly, but not exclusively;
- To promote the compilation and presentation of authentic historical records from the earliest time until the present;
- To acquire by purchase or otherwise and preserve for the use of the Association any relevant historical material and to establish, form, furnish and maintain archives and a library;
- To undertake historical research into places, sites and objects of historical importance and where the results of the research so warrant to assist the preservation and conservation of such places, sites and objects;
- To participate in or support activities aimed at the preservation or conservation of places, sites and objects considered by the Association to be of historical importance;
- To accept gifts of monies or chattels;
- To promote interchange of information among members of the Association by lectures, readings, discussions, excursions and displays of objects of historical significance;
- To print, publish and circulate such books and other library publications as may seem conducive to any of the purposes of the Association;
- To be a Member Society of the Royal Historical Society of Victoria Incorporated;
- To do all such other lawful acts, deeds and things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above purposes or any of them.
Dr Don Garden
Dr Olivia Abbay
Aeas Of Interest
The Sandringham & District Historical Society has an interest in the following areas:
The Brighton Historical Society caters for areas of the City of Bayside north of South Road.